A Few Questions and (possibly) A Few Answers

Q: Are you for real? A: Indeed. I am 100% real.

Q: What do you really do? A: Sell space travel supplies.

Q: Oh come on. That's ridiculous. A: That wasn't a question.

Q: Fine...aren't you part a secret organization or something? A: You must be referring to 826 Seattle

Monday, February 13, 2012

A Captain's Job

One of the most important duties of a captain on an interstellar voyage is keeping track of the time.  Scoff if you think that's funny but with time being relative, it is imperative to be acutely aware of your frame of reference or you'll end up older than your dear aunt Sally and how awkward would that be?  I'll tell you.  Really, really awkward.

Since I miss Earth an awful lot and was born there, I set my clock to Earth-time.  Even though I'm not often home for birthdays and holidays, I still celebrate them with my robot assistant PAL.  He consults our Lunar Calendar and decorates the ship accordingly.  I never plan a party without him.  Did you know that PAL's literally a dancing machine?  His favorite move is the Twist.

The best way to keep all those parties straight is to write it down and not lose that tiny slip of cellulose that I swear was right on the navigation console.   Good thing I don't lose my Space Pens as easily.  No space traveler should ever find themselves without a reliable communication device.  You never know when you'll have to sign autographs for future cosmonauts.

Holidays and parties don't happen everyday, however, because even though PAL is a dancing machine, he's not a party machine.  I'm hoping he gets a party upgrade soon.  Until then, we keep the crew sharp by running exercise drills and employing Mostly Harmless Training Devices.   No one's getting hurt on my watch.

Yessiree.  Lots to do as the captain.  Keeping the time, filling the time, finding the time, and biding my time.  It's a wonder how it all gets done but I have great time doing it.  Phew!  I think it's getting close to my favorite event: nap time... right after we swing by the Greenwood Space Travel Supply Co. to pick up more party supplies.

Speaking of parties, save the date for the PLUTO DAY march and rally!
  • Saturday March 10th at 12pm
  • Meet at the Greenwood Space Travel Supply Co. (8414 Greenwood Ave N)
  • We'll make signs, chant for Pluto and the other dwarf planets, and rally at Neptune coffee
More info is coming so stay tuned!  To tide you over, here's a sneak peek at a new Pluto t-shirt design, complete with moons!

No comments:

Post a Comment